Friday, February 7, 2014

Review: Nothing Sweeter by Laura Drake


A Love as Wild as the West . . .

Aubrey Madison is starting over. Leaving Los Angeles and everything behind except the scars of her ruined past, Bree sets out for cowboy country. Now she has a new home, a new job-and a new worry: the ruggedly sexy rancher who makes her long for things she shouldn't . . .

Rough and tumble cattleman Max Jameson has broken wild stallions and faced angry bulls. Yet the redheaded city cupcake who turned up at the High Heather Ranch might be his undoing. Bree has a plan to rescue the ranch from foreclosure that's just crazy enough to work. But will Max gamble his future on a beautiful stranger?






My thoughts:

I haven’t read many cowboy romances, but if there is kissing I’m more than willing to give them a try. Have I ever mentioned I love books with kissing? And movies with kissing? And TV shows with kissing? I truly believe if everyone just kissed more the world would be a much happier place. Even just reading about kissing can make you smile. Thankfully, Nothing Sweeter had lots of sigh worthy smooches.

Main character Max was exactly what you would expect of a cowboy who lives and breathes the ranch he was raised on. He was so serious and all business. Then Bree swept in and turned his life upside down. I love when guys who don't want to fall in love find they have no choice. Bree was an amazing character. I loved her perseverance. She had been dealt a crappy hand and pushed to get her life back. It may not be the life she had before, but she knew it was time for a change. She found herself in the perfect place to heal from all she had gone through.


I loved her and Max together. Max isn't your typical romance novel love interest. He is older and a little rough around the edges. I loved that about him. I also loved that the author went a different route than most would. He was a really fascinating man, and I enjoyed getting into his head.

My most favorite character in this novel was Max's brother Wyatt. Oh, Wyatt. Wyatt, Wyatt, Wyatt. I adore your personality and sense of humor. His charming character was so needed to balance out the gruff and serious Max. He was funny and sweet and just adorable. 

Not only did Nothing Sweeter contain a cast of stellar characters, but oh my goodness that setting! I want to move there. The way the author described it took my breath away. Nothing Sweeter was amazingly written. The details the author included to help readers visualize the beautiful setting, and unique characters, was top notch. Loved!

____________________________________

Want to win a copy of Nothing Sweeter? I'm hosting a giveaway here!

Laura Drake on the web:


Source: NetGalley

0 comments:

Post a Comment