Thursday, May 13, 2010

Review: Savor the Moment by Nora Roberts



Title: Savor the Moment (Bride Quartet #3)
Author: Nora Roberts
Available: Now
Number of pages: 325
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Reading Level: Adult

Borrowed from my local public library.








**Possible spoilers for earlier books in this series below**


Description from Goodreads:


Wedding baker Laurel McBane is surrounded by romance working at Vows wedding planning company with her best friends Parker, Emma, and Mac. But she’s too low-key to appreciate all the luxuries that their clients seem to long for. What she does appreciate is a strong, intelligent man, a man just like Parker’s older brother Delaney, on whom she’s had a mega-crush since childhood.

But some infatuations last longer than others, and Laurel is convinced that the Ivy League lawyer is still out of her reach. Plus, Del is too protective of Laurel to ever cross the line with her – or so she thinks. When Laurel’s quicksilver moods get the better of her – leading to an angry, hot, all-together mind-blowing kiss with Del – she’ll have to quiet the doubts in her mind to turn a moment of passion into forever…

My thoughts:

Savor the Moment is the third book in the Bride Quartet series. I thought this book lacked the energy I’ve come to expect from Nora Roberts. Del and Laurel couldn’t pull off the chemistry we saw with the couples in the first two books. As individual characters I adored them both, but as a couple it just didn’t feel right to me. If you have read the other books in this series you’ll probably enjoy this one. It was a light, fun, and easy read. It would make an excellent beach book. Even though I’m slightly disappointed I still have high hopes for the final book in the series.

I’d also like to add how much I love this cover! All four books in this series have beautiful covers.


Other books in this series:


Nora Roberts on the web:





6 comments:

  1. Great review. I love the beach book recommendation :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first in the series was still my favorite. This one was kind of boring and I was surprised because I liked both characters in the other books. I have hope for the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear that this one didn't live up to the other two, but I'll still read it. Looking forward to Parker's story the most though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved your review!!! I have yet to read this series, but I really want to!!!! Definitely a priority!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your review! I was wondering if this would be a possible stand alone book or if I should read the others before it and you answered that for me, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen, I agree with you on the first being the best. Mac and Carter are just so cute together :) I think the last book will be good. Parker is such a great character and the chemistry between her and her love interest is not lacking.

    Marie, You should start with the first. The couple in Vision in White are by far my favorite.

    ReplyDelete