Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Review: Rampant by Saskia Walker



Title: Rampant
Author: Saskia Walker
Release Date: April 1, 2010
Publisher: Spice
Number of pages: 368
ISBN: 9780373605422














Description from publisher:

The moment she arrives at her rented vacation cottage nestled in northern Scotland, Zoë Daniels feels it—an arousal so powerful she’s compelled to surrender to the unusually forceful carnal desires…with nearly anyone who crosses her path.

Zoë knows she’s not quite in control of herself and begins to wonder if there’s any truth to the legend of Annabel McGraw, a powerful, promiscuous 18th century witch who once owned the cottage, and whose spirit is rumored to affect anyone who stays there. Zoë doesn’t believe in anything that even hints at the occult, but now strange visions are turning frightening… and only one man’s touch can bring her back to earth.

My thoughts:

I was initially drawn to Rampant because of the paranormal aspects. Erotica isn’t something I usually read, but I found the synopsis for Rampant interesting so I decided to check it out. I’m glad that I did.

Yes, this book was naughty but it also had a great plot. The author has a very beautifu,l and descriptive style of writing. You couldn’t help but to hate the bad guys, and love the good ones. The setting was a beautiful coastal town in Scotland which just happens to be one of my favorite places to visit when opening a book. The descriptions of the terrain were so vivid it made me feel as if I was there seeing it all through the character’s eyes. As if that wasn’t enough the romantic interest was a gorgeous man with a Scottish brogue. Men with accents always win my heart. There was no exception when it came to Grayson Murdoch the blonde witch and love interest of Rampant’s protagonist Zoe.

Rampant is a beautifully written work of erotic romance. It contains fascinating characters, and steamy love scenes all set in the gorgeous country of Scotland. All in all I found this a very entertaining read. I’d recommend it to those that enjoy paranormal romance and whose senses aren’t offended by more risqué sex scenes.

6 comments:

  1. Great review, I had a friend on goodreads suggest me this book yesterday, now that I read your post, I will have to get this sooner:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope don't mind me stopping by, Mama Bookworm. :) I'm delighted you enjoyed Rampant that much! I've been nervous, especially about the paranormal/erotica cross over, and your review has made my day. I really appreciate you taking the time to review the story for other readers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've won something special!! Check out today's post on my blog. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Laurie Yes, check it out. It’s a great read.

    @Sakia, Thank you for stopping by! I’m an erotica newbie but feel you did an excellent job with the cross over. Best of luck with the release of Rampant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely sounds like an interesting read. Sometimes its nice to go outside your comfort zone a little and try something new and it sounds like this was a nice little something new for you. I have to say I'm a sucker for guys with accents too! Maybe I'll have to check this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Mama Bookworm! Can I ask a favour -- is it okay if I quote from your review on my website, with credit/link?

    ReplyDelete