Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Character Connection (1)



Jennifer from The Introverted Reader is hosting a brand spanking new meme called The Character Connection. This is a super fun idea and I’m so excited to participate. Here is what Jennifer had to say about The Character Connection,

“We all have characters we love.
Let's spotlight these fantastic creations!
Whether you want to be friends with them
or you have a full-blown crush on them,
you know you love them and
want everyone else to love them too!”

My pick this week is Pam from the Southern Vampire series by Charlaine Harris. She is a vampire that just happens to dress like a soccer mom and has no qualms about speaking her mind. I adore Pam’s quick wit. She always has the perfect retort for any situation. Eric Northman (swoon) is her maker and I love the interaction between the two of them. He lets her get away with things no other vampire would dare try.

Pam is a secondary character in the series but has left enough of an impression on me that I look forward to her appearances in each book. Pam can also be found on HBO’s True Blood. While book Pam is my favorite I also enjoy her TV persona and wish we saw more of her.

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE PAM! She's so spunky. Excellent choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore Pam. She's one of the many reasons why I enjoy reading the series so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have only read the first Sookie book but I will be sure to look out for Pam when I start reading the others. Love the look of your blog by the way, it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have only read the first book in the Sookie series so have yet to be introduced to her, but she sounds cool. Great blog, I found you through the blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore Pam too! She's great. Most of the secondary characters in Harris' books are great. I think that half of what makes them great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooooh! I gotta check out this meme! Character Connection sounds fun!

    I LOVE PAM! That Pam is one of a kind. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete