Friday, March 23, 2018

First Line Friday - Cowboy Stole My Heart




Hosted by Hoarding Books



First Line

"Sam Mendes pushed through the crowd, holding his hand high in the air as he waved to the fans he'd spent the last hour talking too. No, make that three hours."

About the Book

Cowboy Stole My Heart by Soraya Lane
Book #1 in the River Ranch Series
Available Now

It takes true grit to build a billion-dollar dynasty like the Ford family ranch. But when it comes to finding love, all it takes is one handsome cowboy to steal a woman’s heart…

SHE’S RIDING SOLO

As one of the heirs to the River Ranch fortune, Mia Ford is practically Texas royalty. But that doesn’t mean she’s some pampered princess. She can saddle up and ride a horse as well as any man, even a hard-working cowboy like Sam Mendes. For years, she’s harbored a crush on the strong, silent horseman. But how can she make a move when she’s his boss?

HE’S TAKING THE REINS

Sam Mendes is through with love—or so he thought. Still recovering from a breakup, he’s doing everything in his power to resist Mia Ford. It’s bad enough she’s the kind of beauty who drives men wild with desire. It’s even worse she’s got him so worked up, aching to kiss her lips, when he’s supposed to be working her ranch. Is this lovestruck cowboy willing to risk losing his job—and breaking his heart—to win the girl of his dreams?

_______________________

Sounds like Sam is a man who is in demand :) 
Leave a comment with a link to your post. I'd love to check out what you're reading!


5 comments:

  1. Opening the door was the hardest part. Not that she expected to find it locked, because no one out here in this part of Texas ever locked anything. The Countess and the Cowboy by Kathleen Y'Barbo from the Seven Brides for Seven Texas Rangers Romance Collection

    Happy Friday and Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book I'm featuring on my blog this week is Love on the Mend by Karen Witemeyer. I love all the books I've read of hers. Here, I will share the first line of chapter 17 from the book I'm currently reading, The Social Tutor by Sally Britton. "Thomas waited for her arrival, this time on Christine's side of the brook, his breath turning to fog in the cold air." Wishing you a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m sharing the first two lines from A Most Noble Heir by Susan Anne Mason on my blog today. Here, I will post the first line from the novel I’m currently reading, Beneath the Surface by Lynn H. Blackburn.

    “Homicide investigator Ryan Parker flashed a thumbs-up to his dive buddy and fellow homicide investigator, Gabe Chavez.”

    Let me tell you, that thumbs-up quickly becomes a thumbs-down!!! This book is really gripping. I can’t figure it out!!! 😄 Happy Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Friday! My first line is from Bridgette by Patricia PacJac Carroll:

    “Bridgette, get up. The sun and the rest of us have been working for three hours.”

    ReplyDelete
  5. I chose books to share based on the lamb part of today's theme partly because this is one of those rare days when I've finished all of the books I was reading and haven't started anything new. I’m sharing from Mary Connealy’s Now and Forever on my blog today, but here are the first lines of another second in series book with a heroine that loves tending her sheep, Beloved Hope by Tracie Peterson:

    Oregon City, Oregon
    May 1850

    “You can’t be serious.” Hope Flanagan looked at the man who sat opposite her at her sister and brother-in-law’s kitchen table. “You expect me to testify at the Cayuse trial.”

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete