Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday - December 28th

My WOW pick this week is
Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins
Available - May 2012 from HarperTeen
Synopsis via Goodreads

What if there were teens whose lives literally depended on being bad influences? This is life for sons and daughters of fallen angels in Sweet Evil.

Anna, a tender-hearted southern girl, was born with the sixth sense to see and feel emotions of other people. She’s aware of a struggle within herself, an inexplicable pull toward danger, but it isn’t until she turns sixteen and meets the alluring Kaidan Rowe that she discovers her terrifying heritage, and her will-power is put to the test. He’s the boy your daddy warned you about. If only someone had warned Anna.

A cross-country trip forces Anna and Kai to face the reality that hope and love are not options for their kind. When it's time for Anna to confront her demons, will she choose to embrace her halo or her horns?

***********

Why I'm waiting on Sweet Evil? The synopsis sounds fun & different from other novels that star fallen angels. "He’s the boy your daddy warned you about." made me giggle. Also curious about the cross-country trip. Road trip I hope :)


What are you waiting on this week?

Meme details: Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine. Don’t forget to stop by her blog and share your WOW pick for this week.

10 comments:

  1. Oh. I like the cover a lot! Plus this book sounds amazing!! Great choice! Thank you for adding this book to the reading pile!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh YES it sunds so fantastic and amazing, plus the cover is über-gorgeous!
    Danny @ Bewitched Bookworms

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Sounds really good and that cover is awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like a great book. I love reading about fallen angels. I don't know what it is that pulls me to them! Great pick this week!

    Feel free to check out my WoW here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choice, I am excited for this one as well! It sounds really good and I love fallen angel stories. I love the cover as well!

    Thanks for stopping by my post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That line did make me smile. Sounds like an interesting one.


    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds intriguing! And that cover, wow!

    ReplyDelete