Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Author Interview: Suzanne Young




I’m so excited to welcome Suzanne Young to the blog today! Her newest book, A Need So Beautiful, is available now!



Did you enjoy writing any one character more than the others?

I really enjoyed writing her brother Alex and Onika. They offer something different (funny vs. sinister) and it was great to explore both sides of my writing.
Do you feel if Charlotte hadn’t had such a loving group of friends and family it would have been easier to accept her fate, or would she still have been reluctant to give into "the need"?
I think she would have fought no matter what, but having her family, friends and Harlin were definitely a reason to fight harder. I think different surroundings would have affected her decision, although I’m not sure the choice would have ever been easier.
The ending of A Need So Beautiful literally took my breath away. Did you know how the story would end when you started writing?
Yes, I always knew the way I wanted it to end. But there were some additions to the final scenes that really helped up the emotional payoff.
Any plans to turn this into a series, or will the sequel wrap up Charlotte’s story?
The sequel should wrap up the Forgottens and the Shadows. It’s definitely heavy on the creepy factor, which I thought was a nice contrast to the light of book 1.
Is there anything else you would like to share?
Sure, I have a new series THE PROGRAM coming out Spring of 2013 from Simon Pulse. It’s about a suicide epidemic and the treatment that can “save” them. But at what cost?


Thank you so much for stopping by, Suzanne! If you haven’t read A Need So Beautiful you really must! You can check out my review here!
Watch the trailer:




4 comments:

  1. Charlotte sounds like a great character that I would quickly grow attached to. I'm going to check this one out. Thanks for the interview! Looking forward to more from Suzanne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cover of this book and I cannot wait to read it. Great interview. BTW love creepy factors!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm seeing this everywhere lately! great interview!

    ReplyDelete