Sunday, October 3, 2010

In My Mailbox (23)

In My Mailbox is a meme where we showcase books received during the week. It is hosted by Kristi of The Story Siren


This is 2 weeks worth of books. I tried to post my IMM last weekend, but Blogger was not cooperating. 


I’ve started receiving more children’s books for review, which is awesome. So expect to see a few more books reviewed by myself and my kids on the blog. Also I’m horribly behind on reviews. The last two weeks were chaos. We had our typical activities (ballet, tap, & boy scouts). Add a sick child into the mix, plus numerous doctor’s appointments for me because of a possible thyroid issue. Craziness! Everyone is healthy now, and it looks like the problem with my thyroid is most likely just a harmless cyst. Still waiting on one more test’s results, but the doctor felt confident enough to  predict it would be normal as well. So apologies for my erratic posting schedule. Things should be back to normal this week :)

For Review:

Awakened (Book One of the Guardian Legacy)Big Nate Strikes AgainVenom (Elemental Assassin, Book 3)Scaredy-Cat, Splat! (Splat the Cat)Pinkalicious: Pink around the Rink (I Can Read Book 1)You Are the Best MedicineMy Mommy Hung the Moon: A Love Story

Awakened by Ednah Walters
Big Nate Strikes Again by Lincoln Peirce
*My 10 year old ran off with this one immediately ;)
Venom by Jennifer Estep
Scaredy-cat, Splat by Rob Scotton
Pinkalicious: Pink around the Rink by Victoria Kann
You Are the Best Medicine by Julie Aigner Clark
My Mommy Hung the Moon by Jamie Lee Curtis


ARC Tours:

FirelightHold Me Closer, NecromancerDelcroix Academy, Book One:: The CandidatesThe Ivy

Firelight by Sophie Jordan
Hold Me Closer, Necromancer by Lish McBride
The Candidates by Inara Scott
The Ivy by Lauren Kunze

Bought:

Pinkalicious: Tickled Pink


Pinkalicious: Tickled Pink by Victoria Kann 


Kindle Deals:


Sugar Daddy


Sugar Daddy by Lisa Kleypas Just $2.99!


Won:


A Light in the Attic Special EditionRules for School


A Light in the Attic (Special Edition) by Shel Silverstein
Rules for School by Alec Greven


What was in your mailbox?


7 comments:

  1. I can't get over how cute Scaredy Cat Splat looks! I love Halloween and Halloween themed picture books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice mailbox! I've got Hold Me Closer, Necromancer on my wishlist, and looking forward to reading Awakened as I love the cover! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the halloween book looks awesome!! enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read BIG NATE STRIKES AGAIN (ARC from Harper) today. It was funny and so so easy to read! It reminded me why I used to love reading middle-grade. :) Now I have to somehow review it. I have no idea what to say.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, really curious about Hold Me Closer, Necromancer.

    Awesome books this week! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great books. Love your ARC finds!

    ReplyDelete