Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Review: It’s A Book by Lane Smith



Title: It’s a Book
Author: Lane Smith
Available: Now
Number of Pages: 32
Reading Level: Everyone!


5 out of 5 Stars











Description from Goodreads:

Playful and lighthearted with a subversive twist that is signature Lane Smith, IT’S A BOOK is a delightful manifesto on behalf of print in the digital age. This satisfying, perfectly executed picture book has something to say to readers of all stripes and all ages

My thoughts:

It’s a Book was an instant hit in my home. My children had watched the book trailer prior to receiving our copy in the mail. When I opened the package the day it arrived all three simultaneously said , “It’s A Book!”. There is no greater joy for a book loving mama than watching your kids fall into book love. I’ll pass by my daughter’s bedroom and hear my 5 year old reciting, “Can you blog with it?”, which prompts my 3 year old to say (with gusto), “No, It’s a Book!”. It has brought smiles to the faces of our entire family.


The only subsitute we made was for the name of the donkey. While my husband and 10 year old found the name, Jackass, hilarious, I’m not quite ready for my younger kiddos to add it to their vocabulary. So we just call him Jack. Once the girls are reading independently we may have to think of a new solution ;)


Cute, clever, and quirky! It’s a Book is a new family favorite!



It’s a Book Trailer:





Lane Smith on the web:




Buy from Amazon: It's a Book


*Received from the publisher for review.

3 comments:

  1. Great review. Thanks for the warning about Jacka$$ :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so cute!!! i love the trailer!! Thanks for sharing, this one looks awesome, especially to someone who still loves books as a opposed to ereaders :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh...I saw this one too and really wanted to try it out! I can't wait to get it now, although the name selection does sound a little peculiar.

    Now I'm really excited to read this one. Thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete