Friday, August 20, 2010

Review: Angel Star by Jennifer Murgia





Title: Angel Star
Author: Jennifer Murgia
Available: Now
Number of Pages: 251
Reading Level: Young Adult


4 out of 5 Stars










Description from Goodreads:


Seventeen-year-old Teagan McNeel falls for captivating Garreth Adams and soon discovers that her crush has an eight-point star etched into the palm of his right hand-the mark of an angel. 

But where there is light, dark follows, and she and Garreth suddenly find themselves vulnerable to a dark angel's malicious plan that could threaten not only her life, but the lives of everyone she knows, and now, she is torn between one angel's sacrifice and another angel's vicious ambition. 


My thoughts:


I adored this book, and was so disappointed when I finished because the sequel isn’t due to be released for months (7 long ones to be exact). Angel stories are still new to me, but this has to be my favorite so far. I was hooked from the first page, and thanks to a well paced plot my attention never faltered. Teagan was a wonderful main character. I loved her immediately, and had to know what was going to happen between her and the dueling forces of good and evil. 


I applaud the author for creating a teen girl who is respectful, responsible, and has a mother who loves her and actually has rules. Yes, her mom is single and works quite a bit, but Teagan is growing up in one of the healthiest families I’ve encountered in young adult literature. It was so nice to get a break from the dysfunction and angst that seems to encompass so many books these days. Angel Star was truly a pleasure to read, and I can’t wait for more from this talented author.


Jennifer Murgia on the web:


Books in this series:
Lemniscate Coming in 2011


4 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard of this book until your review; I'm VERY interested...it sounds great.

    "It was so nice to get a break from the dysfunction and angst that seems to encompass so many books these days." That sounds refreshing; I just finished a book that featured a dysfunctional heroine...it's getting a little old, in my opinion. I'm definitely going to check this book out. Thanks for your review. =]

    - Tiff
    http://zenalicious.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow. You make me really want to read this.

    The cover turns me off but I keep reading the best reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice review. I also was extremely pleased her mother was a part of the story.

    I didn't realise this was the beginning of a series.

    Here is my review if interested.

    http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2010/07/review-angel-star-by-jennifer-murgia-on.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the amazing review, Christie! This post was such a joy to find!:)

    ~Jennifer Murgia
    author of ANGEL STAR & LEMNISCATE (coming March 2011)

    ReplyDelete