Sunday, May 2, 2010

April Recap and In My Mailbox (8)

I can’t believe it’s May! 
Here is a recap of what I read during the month of April. 

Hard Magic by Laura Ann Gilman | 3.5 Stars 

The Clearing by Heather Davis | 4.5 Stars 


The Spellman Files by Lisa Lutz | 4 Stars

Chasing Perfect (Fool’s Gold #1) by Susan Mallery | 4.5 Stars 

Cry Sanctuary (Red Rock Pass #1) by Moira Rogers | 4.5 Stars 

Sanctuary Lost (Red Rock Pass #2) by Moira Rogers | 5 Stars 

Genoa Bay* by Bette Nordberg | 4 Stars 

Jessica’s Guide to Dating on The Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey | 4.5 Stars 

Bite Me* by Parker Blue | 3 Stars 

Shadow Hills* by Anastasia Hopcus | 4.5 Stars 

Blown Away* by Sharon Sala | 3 Stars 


Total read in April: 11 
Total for 2010: 48 

*Reviews coming soon!

Favorite book read this month:


Now I’ll show you what was in my mailbox this week including a few impulse buys. Darn Amazon and their bargain books! I’ve put myself on a buying hiatus until I put a dent in my TBR pile. I’m only allowed the books I’ve pre-ordered.
We’ll see how long that lasts ;)

IMM is hosted by The Story Siren
and inspired by Pop Culture Junkie.

From the Library:


Magic Under Glass by Jaclyn Dolamore

Bought:




Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols
Blacklisted by Gena Showalter
Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard
Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles

Won:


Lead Me On by Victoria Dahl 
~Thanks to Ann Aguirre!
Spring Break by Kayla Perrin
~Thanks to Free Book Friday!

I hope you all had a fantastic weekend! My son turned 10 today so I need to get back to the cupcake baking. Feel free to leave me a comment with a link so I can check out what was in your mailbox!


9 comments:

  1. You read some fantastic books this month! I can't wait to read Shadow Hills. I'm glad you liked it. Going Too Far is also on my TBR list so I look forward to hearing what you think of it. Pretty Little Liars looks interesting, especially since there is going to be a T.V. show this summer. I may have to give that one a try too.

    I see that you got Perfect Chemistry. I really enjoyed it and I hope you do too.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read going too far! Looks like you got tons of great books this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got some great books! Pretty Little Liars was a fun read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow..12 books is really good. I only manage to read 7. Hope May will be better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great new reads!

    And 11 books? That's fantastic! I only made 8 and now I'm pooped lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some great titles in there! Can't wait to hear what you thought of them. But wow, 11 in one month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Christina, I’ve heard Going Too Far and Perfect Chemistry are both full of awesome. I can’t wait to read them!

    Carrie, Thanks for stopping by :)

    Elizabeth, I’m glad to hear Pretty Little Liars was good. The show looks cute but I can’t watch it until I read the book. Yep, I’m crazy like that ;)

    Darlyn, Marie, and Heather, Thanks for taking the time to comment. 4 of the books I read were on the short side so that definitely made a difference. I think I only read 9 in March.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice haul here. I've been trying to decide whether to read Pretty Little Liars before it comes out on TV 6/8.
    Usually the book IS better so may have to sneak it in.

    To see what I got this week check out

    http://lisaslovesbooksofcourse.blogspot.com/2010/04/books-ive-bought-swapped-or-won-for_30.html

    ReplyDelete