Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Review: Chasing Perfect by Susan Mallery



Title: Chasing Perfect (Fool’s Gold #1)
Author: Susan Mallery
Release Date: 4/27//2010
Number of pages:  384
Reading Level: Adult
Genre: Contemporary Romance

Copy received from Net Galley



Goodreads description:

There is only one thing wrong with the charming community of Fool’s Gold, California: the men don’t stick around! This problem has to be fixed, fast, and Charity Jones may be just the city planner up to the challenge. Charity immediately falls in love with all the storybook town has to offer – except its sexy, famous world-class cyclist Josh Golden. With her long list of romantic disasters she’s not about to take a chance on another bad boy…but it may just be what they both need!

My thoughts:


I have a confession. I’m becoming a contemporary romance addict. This is not a genre I normally indulge in but now I find myself constantly craving the warm fuzzies and dreamy sighs that accompany a well written romance novel. The more I read, the more I want. Chasing Perfect did not disappoint. This is definitely a story that will leave you feeling all gooey inside. Lucky for me gooey just happens to be exactly what I was hoping for when I started reading.

Chasing Perfect is a quick and delightful read. I fell in love with the small town of Fool’s Gold within the first chapter. I loved spending time with the characters in this quirky little town. Charity is a sweet girl next door type that is looking for a fresh start in a new place. Josh is a retired cyclist who is struggling to overcome a traumatic event from his past that is causing turmoil in his present. Oh and he is also a major hottie. There is even a little whodunnit side story happening which is predictable but still a nice addition to the plot. I couldn’t get enough of this book and am looking forward to the next release in this fantastic series. 

Susan Mallery on the web:


You can also find lots of fun interactive goodies on the 

Books in this series:

Chasing Perfect is available for pre-order on Amazon.

4 comments:

  1. Ahhh sounds adorable.

    I've become a bit of a mystery fanatic my self :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review. I'm such a Susan Mallery fan and this is the next book on my tbr pile to read and review as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading your review about the book which makes me think I'll love the book too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! She is a new favorite for me. I can’t wait for the next book in this series.

    ReplyDelete