Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Review: Her Vampire Husband by Michele Hauf



Title: Her Vampire Husband (Wicked Games #3)
Author: Michele Hauf
Publisher: Harlequin
Imprint: HQN Books
Release Date: 04/01/2010
Number of pages: 368

ISBN: 978037377499

Copy received from Net Galley







Description from Goodreads:

An arranged marriage between a werewolf and a vampire.

There will be blood.

She may resist his bite, but she can't resist his charms...

Werewolf princess Blu Masterson won't allow her seductive vampire husband to consummate their marriage with his bite, marking her forever. Alone in a secluded estate with her sworn enemy, Blu curses the marriage arranged to bring their rival nations together, especially since Creed Saint-Pierre calls out to her most feral desires.

When Blu uncovers her pack's secret plot to destroy the vampire nation—and Creed—she is forced to confront her growing feelings for her sexy undead husband. Will she choose the only life she's ever known or accept his vampire bite?

My thoughts:


Her Vampire Husband is listed as the 3rd book in the Wicked Games series. I had no problem reading it as a standalone novel.

Michele Hauf has created a fascinating world of vamps, witches and weres. I love that the characters from her other books crossover from series to series at times. It makes me want to read more of her work so I can possibly catch a glimpse of one of my favorite characters.

After I was a few chapters into Her Vampire Husband I had to ask myself why I’d waited so long to pick up another one of Michele Hauf’s books. She really has a knack for creating strong female characters. I loved Blu and her many colored wigs. She had experienced her share of trauma but still managed to be a free spirit who loved life. I never really warmed up to the vampire husband, Creed. He was stuffy and a little bland. I’m not sure if that was because of his age (900 years or so) or because it is impossible to outshine Blu.

I did enjoy this book but like I said never really felt any love for Creed. Blu was fantastic though and made me want to keep reading.

This is a pretty steamy read. I wouldn't recommend it for vampire or werewolf lovers under the age of 17.

Visit Michele Hauf:

She also participates in several group blogs. They are listed on her website.

1 comments:

  1. You comments about Blu make me want to give Michelle another try. I enjoyed The Highwayman but... well, my review is HERE.

    Miranda ~ Sweet Vernal Zephyr

    ReplyDelete